Spring Into Prevention
It’s never too early to reduce your risk for breast cancer. This spring, our partners are bringing you recipes and resources to help you reduce your risk and stay healthy.
Plant-Based Recipes and Products
- Eat Well, Stay Well provides you with delicious plant-based recipes, like Pizza Hummus, and insights from health coach Sharon McRae. Then check out her favorite kitchen tools and read her inspiring story about eating for good health.
- Hungry Planet offers a variety of tasty plant-based meats that work in any recipe and provide great plant-based nutrition.
- Visit Food for Life Baking Co’s website and their Instagram page for information about the health benefits of bread made from sprouted grains, like Ezekiel 4:9 bread. Then try some of their tasty recipes.
- Saladmaster has revolutionized healthy cooking by offering made-in-the-USA cookware from stainless steel and titanium, rather than aluminum and other unhealthy metals. Their Vapo-Valve technology can help you cut down on cooking time and the need for oil, too. Saladmaster is also offering recipes to help boost immune health on their website.
- Orga Foods founder Meital wanted to “fill her body with nutrition,” so she created Super Crisps to do just that! These nut and seed crisps are great with your favorite spread or as an added crunch to your salad. Try all flavors in a discounted bundle, and they ship free.
Plant-Based Meal Delivery
- Trying to avoid the grocery store but still want healthy, low-fat, plant-based meals? Get fresh MamaSezz meals shipped right to your doorstep. Check out the many options with their meal bundles.
- Don’t worry about dinner—let Veestro take care of it. Have pre-made, plant-based meals delivered to your door – use code PCRM20 to get 20% off your order.
- Want to see your plant-based meal delivery options in one place? VegMealDelivery has you covered with detailed filters to drill down to the services offering meals tailored to your needs.
Information and Inspiration
- Pink Lotus Power Up. Designed for women diagnosed with breast cancer, Dr. Kristi Funk’s Pink Lotus site hosts blogs on breast cancer and flourishing after a diagnosis. The site provides a Breast Buddies program that matches newly diagnosed women with “thrivers” of a similar age and cancer stage and a wealth of resources, information, and support. Dr. Funk’s book, Breasts: The Owner’s Manual, is also an excellent read for anyone concerned about breast health and reducing risk of breast cancer or a recurrence.
- The Invisible Vegan, a documentary by actress and filmmaker Jasmine Leyva, explores the problem of unhealthy diet patterns in the African American community and highlights the health benefits of vegan diets and lifestyle choices. Streaming on Amazon Prime, Tubi, and Kweli.TV.
- Learn about integrative health with the GW Integrative Medicine podcast, where experts discuss topics like nutrition, gut health, Lyme Disease, women's health, and more. Available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and SoundCloud.
- Ready to take your healthy diet to the next level? Head over to Plantbased.com and take their plant-based eating challenge. Then check out founder Gregg Rozeboom’s 100+ reviews of plant-based books, and if you’re in the DC area, order food from his plant-based restaurant chain, Fruitive. Two of their DC-area locations are offering meals for pickup and delivery.
- For a smorgasbord of resources for healthy living, visit OneDaytoWellness.org. There you’ll find workshops, video recipes and inspiration from Bruce and Mindy Mylrea. After Bruce’s own battle with cancer, the couple launched a nonprofit and are on a mission to bring the healing power of plant-based nutrition to the world.
Partners in Prevention
Get started with a plant-based diet today.
Join the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart.