Early-Career Researchers Advancing 21st Century Science
Animals are out, and human-focused methods are in!
The Physicians Committee has an exciting program that engages the next generation of scientists and promotes human-relevant methods in research. Early-Career Researchers Advancing 21st Century Science, or ERA21, works with students and emerging scientists and connects them to the benefits of human-relevant research. The ERA21 program uses a multifaceted approach to encourage research that employs human-relevant models, rather than animals, in order to advance biomedical and translational research.
The ERA21 team wants to bring human-based research to your institution! We can help organize an educational speaker series or host a symposium on human-based research.
For inquiries or to add to our list of resources please contact, Janine McCarthy at jmccarthy [at] pcrm.org (jmccarthy[at]pcrm[dot]org).
- Apply now for the ERA21 Travel Award to attend the Summer Immersion on Innovative Approaches in Science
- List of recommended readings for researchers
- Recorded ERA21 presentations
- Resources from the 2022 Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science
- Resources from the 2020 Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science
- Join the ERA21 Facebook and LinkedIn groups for updates on 21st century science and to connect with fellow scientists.
- Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on current research, funding and internship opportunities, advances in human-based technologies, and relevant publications.