Please see information below regarding our current studies: the impact of dietary cholesterol on heart health and the impact of a plant-based diet on weight loss.
Are Eggs Harmless?
Want to help promote the scientific literature on the effects of dietary cholesterol on cardiovascular health?
There are several benefits to you:
- You will receive a study-related dietary assessment and cholesterol testing at no charge.
- You will learn how your body responds to dietary cholesterol.
- You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are advancing nutrition science and helping researchers to understand how people following vegan diets react to various foods.
The study lasts 9 weeks and free baked goods are provided weekly.
Call 855-STUDY-18 to learn more about our cholesterol study.
Research Study-Based Weight Loss Program
We will provide study-related in-depth nutrition education and weekly support to help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Rahman, a board-certified internal medicine physician and certified nutritionist, will guide you through each session and lead you on the path to a healthy plant-based diet!
Study Registration includes:
- Twelve one-hour classes on topics such as “How Much Protein Do You Need?,” “The Connection Between Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease,” and “What is a Healthy Weight?”
- Study Measurements of blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and hemoglobin A1c (to assess diabetes risk) before and after the program
- A study-related DXA scan before and after the program to check the amount and distribution of body fat
- Live cooking demonstrations with tastings
- Free parking and light refreshments
Dates: Saturdays from Sept. 21 to Dec. 7, 2019., 9-10 a.m.
Location: PCRM Office, 5100 Wisconsin Ave NW Ste 400, Washington, DC 20016
The cost of the program is $645 and includes instructional classes, blood testing, blood pressure measurement and DXA analysis.
This class series is part of a clinical trial and data from the program may be used for research purposes.