Beans, beans, they’re good for your heart… and that’s not all!
In this episode of The Exam Room™, “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll learns how beans can not only help you lose weight, but also lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of cancer, build muscle, and even improve your mood and put a smile on your face!
Lee Crosby, R.D., L.D., reveals which beans have the most fiber and protein. Plus, she shows how you can save hundreds of dollars each year by eating beans instead of beef! Naturally, Lee also had to throw in a few cooking tips and recipes.
You’ll also hear the incredibly inspiring story of Brooklyn borough president Eric Adams. The former police officer was able to improve his health and reverse type 2 diabetes after adopting a plant-based diet. Now, he’s using his position to help improve the health of thousands of children in the city by working to ban cancer-causing foods from schools.
In This Episode
- Why beans truly are “the magical fruit”
- Which beans have the most protein
- Which beans have the most fiber
- How beans can help you lose weight
- How beans lower cholesterol
- Saving money by eating beans instead of beef
- How to reduce gas caused by beans
- The moving story of Eric Adams