Select a Section
Everyone loves new options and appreciates being given more choices. Excite your patients and staff by providing delicious plant-based options, and share with them why you’ve added these healthy dishes.
Great ways to promote new options:
When bringing in new recipes, be sure to have your staff try them and gather feedback. Add the most popular items to the food line in the cafeteria!
- Table tents on cafeteria tables and patient trays
- Highlight on menu boards and chef’s special designations
- Create special scripts for service staff and/or incentives to see who can serve the most
Educate your staff:
Educate your staff, visitors, and patients on why these options are important.
- Share the power of nutrition for health, while earning free continuing education credits with NutritionCME.
- Partner with us on employee wellness – coordinating an Employee Challenge or a Lunch and Learn: The Physicians Committee is available to customize programs to motivate your staff. Contact us!
- Lead an educational session for your colleagues, the community or patients by offering a class by a specially trained Food for Life instructor, or hosting a film screening (such as Forks Over Knives).
- Circulate a copy of the latest Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Vegetarian Diets to your team.
- Encourage your hospital to go fast food free, check if your local hospital hosts a fast-food restaurant.
Various educational materials for your patients and waiting rooms are available to share the benefits of plant-based nutrition.