Zucchini Cornbread Muffins
About the Recipe115 Calories · 2 g Protein · 1 g Fiber
Makes 18 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups (125 g) ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (120 g) gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup (55 g) organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (355 mL) unsweetened plain oat milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil (see notes for oil-free option)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups (375 g) grated zucchini
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add the milk, canola oil, and apple cider vinegar. Mix with a spatula to combine. Fold in the zucchini until evenly dispersed. Fill each muffin liner with 1/4 cup batter. Bake for 26-28 minutes until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool completely.
OIL-FREE: Omit the oil and use 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce in its place.
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
% Calories From Fat: 27%
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrate: 20 g
Sugar: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 248 mg
Calcium: 29 mg
Iron: 0 mg
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Beta-Carotene: 118 mcg
Vitamin E: 1 mg