Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes
About the Recipe297 Calories · 3 g Protein · 3 g Fiber
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 cups (250 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 g) organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 2/3 cups (394 mL) unsweetened plain oat milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil (see notes for oil-free option)
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and sea salt to a bowl and whisk together the ingredients until combined.
Add the milk, vinegar, canola oil, and vanilla extract and whisk until combined and a batter has formed.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease with cooking spray, if using. Add 1/3 cup batter for a single pancake to the pan. Add batter for as many pancakes as you can fit, usually 2 or 3. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the edges begin to bubble slightly. Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
Serve warm with Universal Meals Quick Strawberry Chia Jam, fresh fruit, or pure maple syrup.
OIL-FREE: Omit the oil and use 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce in its place. Do not grease the skillet; keep the heat on medium and be certain to use a nonstick skillet. Be patient when flipping the pancake to be sure it is released from the pan completely before flipping.
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
% Calories From Fat: 31%
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 3 g
Carbohydrate: 48 g
Sugar: 9 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 503 mg
Calcium: 180 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Vitamin C: 0 mg
Beta-Carotene: 2 mcg
Vitamin E: 0 mg