Fluffy Golden Waffles
About the RecipeCalories · Protein · Fiber
Makes 5 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups oat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup fine corn flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons evaporated cane sugar (or organic sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon nonalcoholic vanilla flavor
- 1/4 cup neutral-tasting high-heat oil (safflower)
- 1 pint seasonal berries (blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries)
Combine oat milk with apple cider vinegar and set aside for 2 minutes to curdle slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk together rice flour, corn flour, oat flour, ar- rowroot, flaxseed, sugar, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon.
Add oat milk mixture, vanilla, maple syrup, and oil to mixture. Whisk to incorporate until uniform.
Heat waffle iron. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto hot waffle iron. Close lid and cook until golden brown on a number-4 setting, about 3-4 minutes. Waffle size will vary depending on size of waffle iron.
Serve warm. Top with berries when serving and drizzle with additional maple syrup.
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
% Calories From Fat: 31%
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrate: 66 g
Sugar: 12 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sodium: 364 mg
Calcium: 167 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Vitamin C: 10 mg
Beta-Carotene: 36 mcg
Vitamin E: 4 mg
Information is per waffle.