Become a Food for Life instructor today, and the Physicians Committee will give you the information and tools you need to provide nutrition and cooking classes to your community.
By becoming a Food for Life instructor, you will:
- Turn your passion for plant-based nutrition into your work—you don't have to be a medical professional or a chef, but you do need to love delicious and healthful food.
- Be provided a step-by-step curriculum to guide you class sessions
- Connect and collaborate with a rapidly growing network of partners and instructors who are passionate about health and nutrition.
- Make a difference in adults’ and kids' lives through nutrition education and cooking.
- Lead your own community-based business supported by a national nonprofit organization, the Physicians Committee.
What do you get with a Food for Life certification and training?
At the training, you will:
- Receive a license and certification to teach the Physicians Committee’s award-winning Food for Life curricula that were designed by physicians, dietitians, and nurses. Each class curriculum includes evidence-based lesson plans, literature, recipes, video lectures, and class quizzes.
- Receive tips and techniques from experienced Food for Life instructors and experience firsthand what a Food for Life nutrition and cooking series is like by watching a live class.
- Hear the latest research on plant-based nutrition for disease prevention and survival from physicians, registered dietitians, and other health care professionals.
- Earn continuing education credits as a nurse or a registered dietitian.
Once certified, you will:
- Be certified to begin teaching classes in your community as part of your own business. Earn extra income, pursue a passion project, or develop a new program at your current employer.
- Access an exclusive forum for Food for Life instructors and the support team at Physicians Committee. Receive answers to questions on program, nutrition, and class topics for ongoing support.
- Access free premium cookware tools to carry out the cooking demonstrations of the Food for Life classes (terms and conditions apply).
- Participate in monthly professional development via interactive conference calls, webinars, and in-person conferences in Washington, D.C.
- Receive a subscription to Good Medicine, the Physicians Committee’s quarterly magazine and subscriptions to e-resources, including the Food for Life Recipe of the Week, Food for Life e-newsletter, and Physicians Committee Online.
- Obtain registration in the Physicians Committee’s membership program of more than 150,000 health care professionals and concerned citizens dedicated to creating a healthier, more compassionate future (value $20).