Become a Food for Life instructor today, and the Physicians Committee will give you the information and tools you need to provide nutrition and cooking classes to your community.
Interested in helping your community get healthy? As a Food for Life instructor, the Physicians Committee will give you the information and tools you need to provide nutrition and cooking classes to your community.
The Food for Life Instructor Training offers an excellent small business opportunity for those who are enthusiastic about health, wellness, and disease prevention and want to share their passion with their community.
The training can also be used by organizations with a nutrition or health focus looking for an established and credible plant-based nutrition education program to offer their customers or employees.
Training date: Sept. 30- Oct. 2
Application deadline: July 1
Acceptance notification: July 31
Cost: $999 for instructors and $1,249 for Educational Alliance Program partners
Location: Washington, DC
Application links: (You will need to create an account first before you can apply)
Turn your passion into practice
By becoming a Food for Life instructor, you will
- Turn your passion for plant-based nutrition into your work—you don't have to be a medical professional or a chef, but you do need to love delicious and healthful food.
- Lead your own community-based business supported by a national nonprofit organization, the Physicians Committee.
- Receive a step-by-step curriculum to guide you through class sessions.
- Connect and collaborate with a rapidly growing network of partners and instructors who are passionate about health and nutrition.
- Make a difference in adults’ and kids' lives through nutrition education and cooking.
Instructor Training - Starting at $999
What do you get with a Food for Life instructor training?
At the training, you will
- Receive a copyright license authorization to teach the Physicians Committee’s award-winning Food for Life curricula that were designed by physicians, dietitians, and nurses. Each class curriculum includes evidence-based lesson plans, literature, recipes, video lectures, and class quizzes.
- Receive tips and techniques from experienced Food for Life instructors and experience firsthand what a Food for Life nutrition and cooking series is like by watching a live class.
- Hear the latest research on plant-based nutrition for disease prevention and survival from physicians, registered dietitians, and other health care professionals.
I was impressed with the knowledge of the PCRM staff and the fact that every staff member was so willing to talk and answer questions, offered continued support after we got home.
Terry McQuillin, RN, BS, June 2013 Food for Life Training
Benefits of being a Food for Life instructor
Once trained, you will
- Be authorized to teach classes in your community as part of your own business. Earn extra income, pursue a passion project, or develop a new program at your current employer.
- Access an exclusive forum for Food for Life instructors and the support team at Physicians Committee. Receive answers to questions on program, nutrition, and class topics for ongoing support.
- Access free premium cookware tools to carry out the cooking demonstrations of the Food for Life classes (terms and conditions apply).
- Participate in monthly professional development via interactive conference calls, webinars, and in-person conferences in Washington, D.C.
- Receive a subscription to Good Medicine, the Physicians Committee’s quarterly magazine and subscriptions to e-resources, including the Food for Life Recipe of the Week, Food for Life e-newsletter, and Physicians Committee Online.
- Obtain registration in the Physicians Committee’s membership program of more than 150,000 health care professionals and concerned citizens dedicated to creating a healthier, more compassionate future (value $20).
Become a Food for Life instructor to provide nutrition and cooking classes to your community.
Next training session: Sept. 30-Oct. 2.