Get a master’s in health from a master of health as Neal Barnard, MD, answers your diet and nutrition questions!
Among the questions answered:
- How much fat is too much fat on a whole food plant-based diet?
- When is it worth paying extra to eat organic?
- Do smoothies raise blood sugar more than whole fruits?
- How can you avoid eating oil at restaurants?
- Do plant fats react differently than animal fats for people with diabetes?
- And many more!
Plus, former college football star Marc Ramirez joins the show to share the amazing true story of how he was able to lose weight and reverse a diabetes diagnosis even though the disease had ravaged his family. For years he believed that diabetes was his genetic destiny. Not only had his mother died from it, but several of his siblings experienced devastating complications. In 2011, Marc adopted a plant-based diet and transformed his life! He reversed type 2 diabetes and lowered both high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He also lost more than 50 pounds! Today, he’s teaching others about the potential lifesaving benefits of a plant-based diet so they too can reclaim their health!
If you have a question you’d like to ask Dr. Barnard, tweet it to @ChuckCarrollWLC using #ExamRoomLive.