Spicy Sheet-Pan Cauliflower Tacos
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 tbsp (8 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp (8 g) chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium-sized head cauliflower, cut into 1" (2.5-cm) florets (about 5 c (500 g)
- 1 1/2 c (258 g) cooked or canned black beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c (60 mL) vinegar-based hot sauce (e.g., Frank’s RedHot)
- 8 5-inch (12.5-cm) corn tortillas, or sturdy lettuce leaves
- 1 head leafy green lettuce, chopped, or 1/4 head purple or green cabbage, shredded
- 2 c (520 g) salsa of choice
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled, sliced or diced
- Cashew Sour Cream (recipe in Plant-Based Delicious or other vegan sour cream)
- 3 limes, sliced into wedges
Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Make the spice blend: In a small bowl, combine the nutritional yeast, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper, and set aside.
Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets and beans. Drizzle the hot sauce over the top and toss to coat everything evenly. Now, spread half of the spice blend over the top and mix again. Then, add the rest of the spice blend and mix again until all the cauliflower and beans are coated.
Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and redistribute in a single layer, and then bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork-tender and might be beginning to char on the edges.
Meanwhile, warm the corn tortillas in the oven or in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Layer each tortilla with lettuce, salsa, spicy cauliflower and black bean filling, onion, tomato, avocado, cashew sour cream (if using), and a generous squeeze of lime juice.
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Calories From Fat: 10%
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrate: 20 g
Sugar: 2 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sodium: 235 mg
Calcium: 43 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Vitamin C: 36 mg
Beta-Carotene: 241 mcg
Vitamin E: 1 mg