Italian Fusilli With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts
The sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes in this dish are the perfect pair. The flavors are even more striking the next day.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1/2 c (27 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 c (60 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14-oz (397-g) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 c (120 mL) dry white wine
- Iodized salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 c (5 g) loosely packed fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 10 oz (283 g) fusilli pasta, preferably whole wheat
Cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water in a small bowl and let stand for about 10 minutes to soften. Drain and slice tomatoes into thin strips. Set aside.
Heat the broth over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened and translucent. Add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, wine, salt, and black pepper. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the oregano and basil.
Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain. Toss the pasta with the artichoke mixture.
Calories: 377 kcal
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Calories From Fat: 8%
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 61 g
Sugar: 6 g
Fiber: 12 g
Sodium: 197 mg
Calcium: 65 mg
Iron: 4.6 mg
Vitamin C: 9.5 mg
Beta-Carotene: 150 mcg
Vitamin E: 0.6 mg