It isn’t just about what you eat, when you eat is just as important! Meal timing and the foods on your plate are big factors in keeping your body clock in sync. But what does that mean, and why is it important?
In this episode, Hana Kahleova, M.D., Ph.D., joins “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll to explain everything you need to know about your body clock and how to reset it to optimize your health. Learn how your metabolism is affected when your clock doesn’t sync with natural circadian rhythms and how that can be detrimental to your well-being. You’ll also hear how you can reset it by changing how you eat and sleep every day!
Plus, you’ll hear the inspirational story of Adam Sud who overcame a severe drug and food addiction by radically changing his diet. Following a near fatal overdose, he adopted a plant-based diet and began to lose weight and improve his health while ridding his system of drugs. He now devotes himself to helping others better their quality of life through nutrition.
In This Episode
- What is the body clock, and why does nutrition play an important role?
- The positive effects of fasting
- Meal timing: When should we eat?
- Meal frequency: How many meals a day should we eat?
- Diet composition: What should we eat?
- Why shift workers have a greater risk of obesity and diabetes