Many patients who have had weight loss surgery can still healthfully eat a plant-based diet.
Dr. Garth Davis, a bariatric surgery specialist from Houston Methodist and author of Proteinaholic, joins “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll with insight on how a plant-based diet and lifestyle chance can increase the chances of patients maintaining dramatic weight loss long term.
Chuck has used the surgery in conjunction with a healthier diet and lifestyle to maintain a nearly 300-pound weight loss for well over 10 years.
- Protein after weight loss surgery
- Fiber, gas, and bloating
- Nutrient absorption and supplements
- Obtaining nutrients from food with less emphasis on supplements
- What supplements WLS patients may still need
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for long-term success
- Is abstinence necessary from ultraprocessed and junk food?
- And more!
Join Chuck and Dr. Neal Barnard for a night honoring Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and the Esselstyn family for their immeasurable contributions to the world of health and nutrition. The Exam Room LIVE with Dr. Esselstyn, Ann, Jane and Rip will be recorded Nov. 7 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. Limited tickets are available online for this once in a lifetime event.