From genetics to hormones to the food you eat and what you drink, this is everything you wanted to know about what can affect your odds of getting breast cancer.
Dr. Kristi Funk, board-certified breast cancer surgeon and author of the best-selling book Breasts: The Owner’s Manual, joins "The Weight Loss Champion" Chuck Carroll to answer viewer questions about the disease that will be diagnosed in nearly 270,000 women this year.
Among the questions answered:
- Can soda cause breast cancer?
- Which fruits and vegetables are best for fighting cancer?
- Does the keto diet make women more likely to get breast cancer?
- Can a plant-based diet improve the effectiveness of treatment?
- Does olive oil protect against breast cancer?
- Are plant-based omega-3 sources as effective as fish sources for fighting cancer?
- Plus, many more!
Dr. Funk is at the forefront of the Physicians Committee’s Let's Beat Breast Cancer campaign. She encourages women to take the four-week LBBC challenge to improve their health and reduce their risk for breast cancer.