Type 2 diabetes is preventable, manageable, and in many cases, even reversible!
Neal Barnard, M.D., explains the science behind how a low-fat, plant-based diet works to address the root cause of type 2 diabetes by reducing fat buildup in the cells.
He sits down with “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll for a wide-ranging conversation about the nation’s seventh-leading killer and outlines his program which has been shown to be three times more effective than the American Diabetes Association’s dietary guidelines at controlling blood sugar.
They also stick a fork in diabetes and dish on some favorite recipes from the new cookbook, Dr. Neal Barnard’s Cookbook for Reversing Diabetes. Chuck’s suggestion: try the Sun-Dried Pumpkin Pesto Pasta with Fresh Spinach.
Dr. Barnard will help you lead a healthier and longer life by giving you the answers to these questions.
- Are candy, sweets, and carbs the real culprits behind type 2 diabetes? If not, what is?
- Can eating too much fruit cause diabetes?
- How much more effective is a plant-based, low-fat diet in controlling diabetes than current treatment guidelines recommended by the American Diabetes Association?
- How quickly do you start to see the results on a plant-based diet?
- How do the results for someone who has been living with diabetes for many years differ from a newly diagnosed patient?
- Are olive and coconut oils not the health foods they’re cracked up to be?
- Have any foods been proven more effective than others?
- What are the four healthful food groups?
- What role do raw foods play in managing and reversing diabetes?