What a student eats affects everything from their health to their academic performance!
Research shows that students may even earn lower grades because of unhealthy high-fat, low nutrient diets. Yet, school lunch menus are still overflowing with pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, and milk every day. That is why an increasing number of parents are learning that healthy, plant-based school lunches can be a powerful way to boost their child’s health and confidence.
In this episode, “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll sits down with registered dietitian and parent Susan Levin, M.S., R.D., to find solutions to combat rising childhood obesity rates and get plant-based options on the lunch line!
Naturally, we couldn’t do this show without sharing some delicious plant-based school lunch recipes. Dig in!
Also, Jia Xu, Ph.D., is on a mission to make his home country a healthier nation. Hear his extraordinary story of biking across China to raise awareness for the benefits of eating a plant-based diet. Through the 2,500-mile ride, Dr. Xu introduced thousands to the Mandarin-language 21-Day Vegan Kickstart app.
In This Episode
- How to fight back against rising childhood obesity and diabetes rates
- How unhealthy is the “classic” school lunch?
- How a plant-based diet may help boost grades
- An idea of what the ideal school lunch looks like
- Examining the current nutrition guidelines for school cafeterias
- The link between cancer and processed meat served in schools
- Tips for introducing children to plant-based diets
- Ways to get children involved in the kitchen