Clear up false food facts on the season finale of The Exam Room!
There is a dizzying amount of misinformation spread about plant-based diets on a daily basis. You need meat to survive. There is no way that you will get enough nutrients. Dairy is required in order to have strong bones. You won’t live as long if you just eat plants.
When you first consider going vegan it can be nearly impossible to know what to believe and who to trust. However, the confusion ends today because the truth stops here.
Dr. Matthew Nagra joins “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll to talk about five of the biggest “false facts” regarding what happens to your health by taking meat and dairy off the menu. Dr. Nagra is quickly becoming one of the most trusted nutrition advocates in his home country of Canada and worldwide thanks to a strong internet following.
He presents compelling and scientifically-backed arguments on the following claims:
- You can’t get all the nutrients you need by eating a plant-based diet.
- Vegans are more likely to have brittle and broken bones.
- Plant sources of protein are inferior to animal proteins.
- It is hard to get enough iron without eating meat.
- Soy is unhealthy and causes a man’s chest to become unsightly.
To that last point, wait until you hear the unexpected food that Dr. Nagra says is one of the biggest reasons men grow breast tissue.