Dean Ornish, MD, joins The Exam Room™ to answer your questions about nutrition!
This episode of The Exam Room™ Podcast is sponsored by The Gregory J. Reiter Memorial Fund, which supports organizations like the Physicians Committee that carry on Greg’s passion and love for animals through rescue efforts, veganism, and wildlife conservation.
Dr. Ornish, a legend in lifestyle medicine, joins “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll for a wide-ranging interview at the International Conference on Nutrition in Medicine.
Dr. Ornish speaks openly with Chuck about his own battle with depression that nearly claimed his life before turning to a wide-ranging Q&A on nutrition.
Among the questions answered:
- What are the best foods to eat to live longer?
- What role does oil play in heart disease?
- Do diets based on blood type really work?
- Is it true that even on a plant-based diet, once you are on a statin you will always need it?
- Can adopting a plant-based diet improve the quality of life for people 85 and older?
- Are soy-based foods like edamame and tofu dangerous?
The pair also discuss Dr. Ornish’s latest book, UnDo It: How Simple Lifestyle Choices Can Reverse Most Chronic Diseases.