The doctor is in, and she’s answering your questions!
On this episode of The Exam Room podcast, “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll welcomes Vanita Rahman, MD, to the show for a wide-ranging nutrition question-and-answer session as we open the doctor’s mailbag!
Among the questions answered:
- How much fiber is lost in the juicing process compared to making a smoothie?
- Can it become impossible to lose weight when we get older no matter how clean we eat?
- How should we change our diet to accommodate our aging bodies in our 60s and beyond?
- Why wouldn’t high cholesterol levels improve when eating a plant-based diet?
- Why would a person gain weight after eating a plant-based diet for years?
- How can medical professionals incorporate plant-based eating and preventive nutrition into their practices?
- What are low-fat alternatives to the Beyond Burger?
Also, Chuck is joined by Shivani Sathasivam who is leading the way for healthier eating in the Middle East at just 23 years old. She adopted a plant-based diet after enduring unrelenting pain in her knee throughout her teenage years due to a severe injury.
Doctors told Shivani that she would require knee replacement surgery, but after modifying her diet, the pain subsided greatly and the surgery was put on hold. Now she’s running full steam ahead pain-free as the leader of Plant-Based Bahrain!