Dr. Neal Barnard reveals his favorite veggie burger recipe, Dr. Jim Loomis examines an interesting study on the sodium found in kimchi, and much more on a new episode of The Exam Room podcast!
Among the other questions answered:
- How much do macronutrients matter for weight loss?
- How can you improve low iron levels on a plant-based diet?
- Can just a little junk food cause high blood pressure?
- Can other foods replace leafy greens in a picky child’s diet?
- What are the best foods for post-menopausal women?
- How can you break an addiction to cheese?
- And many more!
This episode of The Exam Room™ Podcast is sponsored by vegan author and plant-powered realtor Ellen Jaffe Jones who is helping Floridians navigate through the state’s unique and animal-friendly challenges in real estate.
Dr. Barnard’s Favorite Veggie Burger Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup brown rice
Simmer for 40 minutes, then add:
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
If you have a question you’d like to ask the doctors, tweet it to @ChuckCarrollWLC using #ExamRoomLive.