Neal Barnard, MD, provides an update about COVID-19 after the virus was thrust back into the spotlight once news broke that the president had tested positive.
He explores why people with obesity are far more likely to become severely ill if infected.
Dr. Barnard also shares how fat cells essentially roll out the welcome mat for the virus to rapidly multiply inside the body when he joins “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll on The Exam Room™. They also present ways you can begin to lose weight and improve your health at this critical time and into the future.
Dr. Barnard also explores other aspects of the virus, including the latest research on how it is spread, the importance of masks, and forecasts for whether or not scientists are expecting a surge of new infections during the fall and winter months.
Plus, Dr. Barnard answers your questions as Chuck opens the Doctor’s Mailbag!
- How can alcohol impact the risk of COVID-19?
- How long can coronavirus particles remain in the air?
- Why is someone with diabetes at higher risk for a more severe case of COVID-19?
- Can a person become reinfected?
- How will shutting down live animal markets prevent another pandemic?
- Plus, many more!