Baxter Montgomery, MD, is using food in the fight against the coronavirus!
He joins “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll on The Exam Room™ from the virtual Fairfax VegFest to talk about the effects of prescribing a healthy diet in conjunction with state-of-the-art medicine for his patients with COVID-19.
Dr. Montgomery also details the remarkable recovery of a patient with congestive heart failure who developed double pneumonia during a bout with the coronavirus. The patient is now out of the hospital and running!
Among the questions answered:
- How long does a carrier of COVID-19 remain contagious?
- How do they determine whether a person develops immunity to the coronavirus?
- Is there such a thing as good fats and bad fats?
- Can a vegan diet cause hair loss?
- Does the coronavirus spread through air conditioners in restaurants and on airplanes?