Makes 1 loaf, 6 servings servings
This seasonal delicacy is moist and fragrant with sweet spices. It’s especially welcome on chilly autumn mornings.
About the RecipeCalories · Protein · Fiber
Tips: Cool completely before storing. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the bread will keep for about 4 days.
Makes Makes 1 loaf, 6 servings Servings
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 1½ teaspoons sugar (preferably coarse sugar with large crystals)
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
Put the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
Add the pumpkin puree, almond butter, applesauce, water, and maple syrup and incorporate using an electric hand or stand mixer until well combined.
Pour into the lined loaf pan. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and sugar evenly over the top.
Bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.