Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Many women find it hard to prioritize their health, given busy schedules with work and family responsibilities. The consequences of putting a healthy lifestyle low on your "to do" list can be seen in health statistics: in the United States, heart disease and cancer are the top leading causes of death among women. A majority of women struggle to maintain a healthy weight, trying fad diets and experiencing the frustration of losing and then re-gaining unwanted pounds. It doesn't have to be this way.
In this carefully constructed Women's Wellness Weekend, which you will join from the comfort of your own home (saving you both money and time), you will learn how plant-based eating can help you improve your health. Medical research has shown that plant-based meals can tackle many chronic diseases all at once, including heart disease, obesity, some forms of cancer, type 2 diabetes, and more. In addition, plant-based eaters often experience increased energy and better gut health, due to consuming more health-promoting foods in their daily meals.
Are you ready to set aside some weekend time to create a healthier life by discovering plant-based lifestyle habits that boost immunity, prevent disease, and lower your health risks?
During the weekend, five Food for Life classes (taught on Zoom) will cover the impact of a plant-based diet on hormone-related cancers (including breast cancer), menopause, weight management, and other health topics of special interest to women. Even if you cannot attend all of the classes during the weekend, you will receive the recipes and resources for each session and have access to the instructor, making this a valuable addition to your health practices.
In each online session, you will:
- Have time to ask your questions about plant-based nutrition and cooking
- See a short video with medical experts from the Physicians Committee reviewing plant-based nutrition research
- Watch a cooking demonstration to build knowledge and skills
- Learn how to make three recipes you can enjoy at home
- Explore useful resources related to plant-based eating and your health
- Engage with other women and the instructor in a supportive discussion to build your knowledge of a healthy lifestyle