Balance Forward Health and Wellness, LLC
Online via Zoom
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
What's food got to do with it! Short answer - EVERYTHING! It's African American History Month! Let's celebrate by going plant-based and looking forward to a healthy future we can create for ourselves! Find out how to change your lifestyle and change your life! This series of 6 classes will cover the power of your plate to help you lose weight without counting calories or carbs! You can even prevent, control, and reverse Heart Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, and Obesity just with the food you eat. You CAN take control of your health! REALLY!
In this series, you will learn:
- The real facts about plant-based eating and living.
- How our food history has been hi-jacked and has driven us to be at high risk for heart attacks, high blood sugars, strokes, and cancers.
- How to cook delicious, flavorful, plant-based recipes, from Breakfasts to Dinners, for all occasions!
- How to create some of your old favorite recipes in healthier ways!
- How to build new flavor combinations, experience new herbs, spices, tastes, and textures!
- What science really says about the causes of the diseases that are hardest on Black people--BIG HINT: it's NOT your genes!
We will blow the doors off your food world and open up what's possible for your life!
Classes are led by Meryl Fury, MS, RN. She is a long-time healthy foodie that backs every class with science and practical experience.
Each session includes:
- Culturally connected recipes and cooking demos
- Conversation and fellowship
- Shopping lists, and other valuable handouts
- Videos for solid, accurate information
- Additional resources and recommendations to put you on the road to long term health.
Come to the series and bring your friends! Let's honor our history and our ancestors by breaking free from the past! Get ready for the new YOU! That's Black Health Rising!
$5.00 per session or $30.00 for the whole series.