Zoom with Planted Platter
11 Wellington Drive
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Power Foods for the Brain
A decline in brain health is not an inevitable part of aging. Yet, how we eat and live can help us protect our memory and stay sharp into old age.
Plant-based foods are beneficial to the brain and may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. You will learn about the research showing the negative impact of saturated and trans fats on brain function. You will discover which plant foods are most beneficial to the brain and gain knowledge about which supplements to take and avoid for brain health.
In this relaxing and fun Sunday afternoon class, you may cook along with the instructor, or just watch and learn.
- Supportive group discussions about how to include delicious plant-based meals in your busy lifestyle
- Informative handouts with plant-based nutrition tips for additional learning
- Short, fact-based video segments presented by medical and nutrition experts from the Physicians Committee
- Recipe demonstrations using inexpensive, wholesome, plant-based ingredients, with a copy of the recipes for you to try at home
- Practical suggestions on replacing meat, dairy, and other animal products with tasty, plant-based ingredients
- Tips for preparing healthy, low-cost vegan (plant-based) meals at home
- Question/answer time