Planted Platter via Zoom
11 Wellington Drive
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
How Foods Fight Diabetes
Learn how to help manage diabetes and maintain a healthy weight through plant-based eating. You can improve your health with plant-based meals.
For those who have diabetes, plant-based meals can help to improve blood sugar levels and prevent complications. Learn why these meals are affordable, delicious, and satisfying!
In this relaxing and fun Sunday afternoon class, you are invited to cook along with the instructor if you would like, or just watch and learn.
Class Benefits for You
- Supportive group discussions about how to include delicious plant-based meals in your busy lifestyle
- Informative handouts with plant-based nutrition tips for additional learning
- Short, fact-based video segments presented by medical and nutrition experts from the Physicians Committee
- Recipe demonstrations using inexpensive, wholesome, plant-based ingredients, with a copy of the recipes for you to try at home
- Practical suggestions on replacing meat, dairy, and other animal products with tasty, plant-based ingredients
- Tips for preparing healthy, low-cost vegan (plant-based) meals at home
- Question/answer time