Central and Brentwood Road NE
Washington, DC 20018
Heart disease is one of the consequences of type-2 diabetes. Fortunately, changes in what you eat can help your heart. These same changes can improve your diabetes.
Dr. Dean Ornish was among the first to show that a change in lifestyle could be as effective as bypass surgery for those with significant heart disease, and much safer. There is no time like the present to EAT TO LIVE.
Food that is good for can be easy to make and delicious. In this class, you will watch cooking demos of cholesterol-free foods that are full of flavor and health-promoting benefits. You can even cook-along if you like!! I will send you the recipes and equipment list ahead of time.
This class developed by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine aims to empower attendees with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare simple, nutritious meals that improve heart health and blood sugar levels.
This class includes:
- a knowledgable cooking instructor (certified Health Coach and certified Food for Life instructor) to answer your questions;
- cooking demonstrations of plant-based dishes made from commonly found ingredients;
- a nutrition presentation;
- shopping advice and cooking tips; and
- lots of informational handouts sent via email.
Here's what I/we will be cooking:
Mock Tuna Spread
Quickie Quesadilla + Cheesy Beany Spread
Sweet Potato Hash