Planted Platter (Online via Zoom)
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
This five-class series, Food For Life: Kickstart Your Health, lets you experience first-hand why a plant-based diet is effective in improving overall health and attaining a healthy weight.
The research-based program will provide you with a foundation for losing excess weight and improving important health markers such as cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels.
Learn some new kitchen skills and build healthier eating habits by putting more plants on your plate!
- Supportive group discussions about how to include delicious plant-based meals in your busy lifestyle
- Informative handouts with plant-based nutrition tips for additional learning
- Short, fact-based video segments presented by medical and nutrition experts from the Physicians Committee
- Recipe demonstrations using inexpensive, wholesome, plant-based ingredients, with a copy of the recipes for you to try at home
- Practical suggestions on replacing meat, dairy, and other animal products with tasty, plant-based ingredients
- Tips for preparing healthy, low-cost vegan (plant-based) meals at home
- Question/answer time