It Has To Taste Good, LLC
Online Cooking Classes
Arlington, VA 22204
Diabetes is a major public health problem of epidemic proportions. Uncontrolled, diabetes can lead to complications from head to toe, including stroke, loss of vision, heart disease, kidney failure, and various problems due to nerve damage and circulatory problems, such as erectile dysfunction or lower-extremity amputation. Research studies have demonstrated that a well-planned plant-based diet has many nutritional benefits and has been demonstrated to be as acceptable as the portion-controlled diet for diabetes management.
Join Chef Kara to learn how a plant-based diet reduces the risk of diabetes and greatly benefits those who have been diagnosed with the disease. Each class offers an informative nutrition lecture, a cooking demonstration of delicious, health-promoting meals, and interactive, support group activities to help you pursue a plant-based diet.
Featured Class Topics:
- Introduction to How Foods Fight Diabetes
- The Power of Your Plate and Grocery Cart
- Understanding Type 2 Diabetes
- Designing a Diet for Maximum Weight Control
- Using the Glycemic Index
- Keeping a Healthy Heart
- Diabetes Care From Head to Toe
- Making It Work for You
- $79 for early-bird registration by 11/8
- $99 for regular registration after 11/8