Online Zoom Video Conference
Norfolk, VA 23513
Cooking To Combat COVID-19, a new online campaign from the Physicians Committee’s Food for Life program, is designed to help participants use a plant-based diet to fight hypertension, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity—which are among the conditions that can make COVID-19 more severe and deadly.
Foods for a Healthy Heart and Blood Pressure is class three in a four-class series. Research shows a plant-based diet doesn’t just prevent heart disease, but it can manage and sometimes even reverse it. A plant-based diet can also help improve several risk factors for heart disease:
- High Blood Pressure: A plant-based diet, rich in potassium, improves blood pressure.
- High Cholesterol: Aim for high-fiber foods, which can help lower cholesterol.
- Atherosclerosis: Diets rich in saturated fat and cholesterol cause plaque buildup in the arteries, restricting blood flow.
- Inflammation: Plant-based diets help reduce inflammation, which can lead to heart disease and other chronic diseases.
Join us to learn the facts about cardiovascular disease and hypertension. Your prescriptions could be in your kitchen!
This virtual nutrition education and cooking class includes:
- Research-based nutrition and health information
- A whole-food, plant-based cooking demo
- Digital educational resources and recipes
- A supportive community
The price for a single class is $20. However, you can join the series and SAVE! Take all four classes in this series for only $60.
Your instructor: Sahrah Yashaahla
Contact Sahrah Yashaahla