Rochester, NY 14616
According to the CDC, community members with underlying health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity have a more difficult time recovering from COVID-19. The exciting news is that science has proven over and over that you can prevent and even reverse these conditions with a plant-based diet. Each class in this Food For Life series will focus on an important nutrition topic before jumping into the kitchen to show you how to prepare simple, delicious, and nutritious meals. Join us for five consecutive Monday evenings, from 6:00 to 8:00 starting on Monday June 1st.
Here's what's cookin':
- June 1st: Immune Boosting Foods - This class will explore foods that are rich in protective compounds and immune-boosting nutirents
- June 8th: Healthy Blood Pressure - Learn how a Plant Based diet will lower blood pressure over time
- June 15th: Foods for a Healthy Heart - Discover how certain foods can prevent - and in some cases, even reverse - heart disease
- June 22nd: How Foods Fight Diabetes - Yes, it's TRUE! Learn how your food choices can help lead you greater health!
- June 29th: The POWER of Your Plate - You'll feel empowered to make great choices!
Included in the series: Live, online classes on Zoom, handouts, recipes, cooking demos, healthy meal ideas and support via email and a private Facebook group.
Your instructor: Michelle Staron
Contact Michelle Staron