Animal Use in Allopathic and Osteopathic (†) General Surgery Residency Programs in the United States and Canada: An Ongoing Survey
Updated: May 31, 2019
Programs Using Animals (25)
- Creighton University School of Medicine/St. Joseph's Medical Center (Phoenix) – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Danbury Hospital – Danbury, Conn.
- George Washington University – Washington, D.C.
- Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, Md.
- Loma Linda University Health Education Consortium – Loma Linda, Calif.
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Boston, Mass.
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University – Chicago, Ill.
- Medical College of Georgia – Augusta, Ga.
- Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, S.C.
- Morehouse School of Medicine – Atlanta, Ga.
- Naval Medical Center (San Diego) – San Diego, Calif.
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center – Wilmington, N.C.
- Oregon Health & Science University – Portland, Ore.
- St. Mary’s Hospital (Waterbury) – Waterbury, Conn.
- TriHealth (Good Samaritan Hospital) – Cincinnati, Ohio
- University of Alabama Medical Center – Birmingham, Ala.
- University of British Columbia – Vancouver, Canada
- University of Maryland – Baltimore, Md.
- University of Mississippi Medical Center – Jackson, Miss.
- University of Puerto Rico – San Juan, Puerto Rico
- University of Southern California/LAC+USC Medical Center – Los Angeles, Calif.
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga – Chattanooga, Tenn.
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston – Houston, Texas
- University of Virginia Medical Center – Charlottesville, Va.
- University of Washington – Seattle, Wash.
Programs Using Only Nonanimal Methods (68)
- Huntington Memorial Hospital – Pasadena
- Stanford Health Care-Sponsored Stanford University – Stanford
- HealthONE/Swedish Medical Center – Englewood
- Saint Joseph Hospital – Denver
- Waterbury Hospital – Waterbury
- Christiana Care Health Services – Newark
District of Columbia (2)
- Howard University – Washington
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital – Washington
- Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida – Miami Beach
- University of Central Florida/HCA GME Consortium (Greater Orlando) – Orlando
- University of Central Florida/HCA GME Consortium (Ocala) – Ocala
- University of Miami/JFK Medical Center Palm Beach Regional GME Consortium – Atlantis
- University of South Florida Morsani – Tampa
- Medical Center of Central Georgia/Mercer University School of Medicine – Macon
- Rush University Medical Center – Chicago
- University of Chicago – Chicago
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago – Chicago
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago (Mount Sinai) – Chicago
- Kansas (1)
- Research Medical Center/Menorah Medical Center – Overland Park
- Maine Medical Center – Portland
- MedStar Health (Baltimore) – Baltimore
- Berkshire Medical Center – Pittsfield
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center – Boston
- Lahey Clinic – Burlington
- St. Elizabeth's Medical Center – Boston
- Tufts Medical Center – Boston
- University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate – Springfield
- Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University – Detroit
- Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University – Detroit
- McLaren Health Care/Greater Lansing/Michigan State University – Lansing
- Michigan State University – Lansing
- University of Minnesota – Minneapolis
- Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences-GME Consortium (KCU-GMEC)/St. Mary’s Medical Center– Blue Springs
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine – Kansas City
- Creighton University School of Medicine (Omaha) – Omaha
- Valley Health System – Las Vegas
New Hampshire (1)
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Program – Lebanon
New Jersey (1)
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center – Neptune City
New York (5)
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center – Bronx
- South Nassau Communities Hospital – Oceanside
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn – Brooklyn
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center – Brooklyn
- Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Lenox Hill Hospital – New York
North Carolina (1)
- Mountain Area Health Education Center – Asheville
- Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati – Cincinnati
- Kettering Health Network – Dayton
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Oklahoma City
- Oregon (1)
- Samaritan Health Services – Corvallis
- Lehigh Valley Health Network/University of South Florida College of Medicine – Allentown
- Main Line Health System/Lankenau Medical Center – Wynnewood
- St. Luke's Hospital – Bethlehem
- UPMC Medical Education (Mercy) – Pittsburgh
- South Carolina (2)
- Grand Strand Regional Medical Center – Myrtle Beach
- Palmetto Health/University of South Carolina School of Medicine – Columbia
South Dakota (1)
- University of South Dakota School of Medicine – Sioux Falls
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler – Tyler
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals – Galveston
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley-Doctors Hospital at Renaissance – Edinburg
- University of Vermont – Burlington
- Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine – Roanoke
- Eastern Virginia Medical School – Norfolk
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus/Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children – Falls Church
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth) – Portsmouth
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System – Richmond
- St. Joseph’s Hospital – Tacoma
- Swedish Medical Center/First Hill – Seattle
- Virginia Mason Medical Center – Seattle
West Virginia (1)
- Charleston Area Medical Center/West Virginia University (Charleston Division) – Charleston