ERA21 Travel Award to Attend the Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science
The Early Career Researchers Advancing 21st Century Science (ERA21) program is pleased to present the ERA21 Travel Award for the Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science. This award will give a student or new researcher the opportunity to advance their knowledge of innovative non-animal approaches in science.
This summer school will share knowledge and experience with a new generation of scientists on research and testing methods. The program will highlight modern alternatives to the use of animals—including in vitro and computational modeling—in toxicology and biomedical sciences and will include informative lectures by experts in these fields, networking events, laboratory visits, and more. Hosted by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Johns Hopkins University Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing, and the European Commission Joint Research Centre, the program is free to attend and will take place at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, from June 22 -25, 2020.
The deadline to apply for this award is March 20, the winner will be notified in April.
Eligibility and Award Details
- The summer school includes two tracks: toxicology and biomedical sciences. This award is available only to attendees of the biomedical science track.
- This travel award will provide one summer school attendee with $1000 USD to use towards travel and accommodations. The winner will be responsible for booking their own travel arrangements and will be reimbursement upon presentation of receipts.
- The awardee must:
- Apply and be accepted into the Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science (applications for the summer school are accepted on a rolling basis, space is limited so get your applications in early),
- be a student, postgraduate, or early-career researcher, and
- be conducting or display a strong interest in human-relevant science, research using or suggesting future use of animals is not eligible.
How to Apply
Please email the following information to Janine McCarthy at JMccarthy@pcrm.org by March 20.
- A short resume or CV
- A brief personal statement describing your interests and/or experience using non-animal methods and technology and your career goals and how you envision the summer school will help you achieve them (max 500 words)
- The abstract submitted to attend the Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science
For more information about the Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science visit www.InnovativeScience2020.org
To sign up for the ERA21 newsletter visit www.pcrm.org/ERA21