Seeking a team member with an interest in customer service, administration, and/or office management for an operations support position with a growing D.C. nonprofit promoting health.
Please note that our team will not be moving forward with the interview process for our open positions until the COVID-19 crisis is over, but we will still be accepting and reviewing applications.
The Physicians Committee’s Mission and Vision
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About this Career Opportunity
We are looking for an Assistant to partner with our Office Services team to manage the operational aspects of the Physicians Committee’s headquarters, which includes a primary care medical center as well as a nearby residential guest house. Essential functions include:
- Promoting safety and security:
- Promote and facilitate safety, security, and emergency procedures
- Supporting team members and visitors:
- Respond to requests for assistance from staff
- Schedule, prepare for, and greet visitors and interns/trainees
- Support daily staff lunch program
- Ensuring a functional, efficient, and professional workplace:
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and attend to matters in need of attention ranging from stocking supplies, organizing, and tidying as needed
- Order, stock, and organize office equipment and supplies
- Serve as point of contact for office vendors
- Facilitating meeting and event support:
- Help set up and break down on- and off-site meetings
- Assist with audiovisual needs
- Assist with logistics such as catering
- Represent the Physicians Committee at events
- Providing administrative and project support to the Office Services team:
- Maintain team calendar and contacts
- Prepare check request forms
- Update and draft standard operating procedures
- Assist with special projects including construction build-outs and the selection of office furniture, equipment, and supplies
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights neighborhood on Metro’s Red Line).
Who We’re Looking For
Do you have a passion for ensuring office operations run smoothly and efficiently? Do you find fulfillment in lending a helping hand and being a “go-to” person? Do you like to organize and reorganize?!
We are looking for a team member with an interest in customer service, administration, and/or office management. This position requires being proactive, organized, and detail-oriented and the ability to multitask and resolve problems under pressure. It’s an active and challenging position that also requires being tech-savvy and self-study to become fluent in several web-based systems. Finally, the position requires being positive, assertive, and collaborative with colleagues and vendors. The position provides opportunities to learn about plant-based nutrition, alternatives to the use of animals in research and education, and nonprofit administration and advocacy in addition to office and project management. Experience working in a nonprofit setting is a plus.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our work, your work experience, and your career objectives. Click here to apply online. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.