This award will give one student or new researcher the opportunity to advance their knowledge of non-animal approaches in science.
The European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) Summer School is free of charge and will now be held online from May 17-21, 2021. This event provides you with an opportunity to learn from experts in the field, share knowledge and experience with your peers, build your professional network, and more. The scientific program will focus on complex in vitro methods and computational modelling used in biomedical research and regulatory applications that will show you how results obtained from advanced non-animal models and methods can be applied in human medicine and toxicology testing.
The deadline to apply for this poster award is April 30th.
Eligibility and Award Details
- This award is only available to students and early-career scientists (max. 4 years after masters or PhD) who are working or attending university in North or South America
- This award will cover conference registration fee to attend the 11th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences.
The awardee must:
- Apply and be accepted into the JRC Summer School on Non-animal Approaches in Science (full details to apply to the summer school are available here),
- Be conducting or display a strong interest in human-relevant science; research using or suggesting future use of animals is not eligible,
- Write a brief article describing your experience at the conference (max 750 words – more instruction will be provided to awardee).
How to Apply
Email the following information to Janine McCarthy at JMccarthy [at] pcrm.org by April 30, 2021.
- A resume or CV
- A brief personal statement describing your interests and/or experience using non-animal methods and technology, your career goals, and how you envision the summer school will help you achieve them (max 250 words)
- The poster abstract submitted to attend the JRC Summer School on Non-animal Approaches in Science
- The deadline to apply for the JRC Summer School is January 17, 2021
- The deadline to apply for the ERA21 Poster Award is April 30, 2021
- Poster award winner will be notified by the end of the Summer School
For more information about the JRC Summer School on Non-animal Approaches in Science visit https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/event/conference/jrc-summer-school-non-animal-approaches-science-3.