This award will give one student or new researcher the opportunity to advance their knowledge of non-animal approaches in science.
The European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) Summer School provides you with an opportunity to learn from experts in the field, share knowledge and experience with your peers, build your professional network, and more. The scientific program will focus on complex in vitro methods and computational modelling used in biomedical research and regulatory applications that will show you how results obtained from advanced non-animal models and methods can be applied in human medicine and toxicology testing.
The deadline to apply for this travel grant is January 31st.
Eligibility and Award Details
- This award is only available to students and early-career scientists (max. 4 years after masters or PhD) who are working or attending university in North America
- This award will cover actual travel expenses and accommodations for one person to attend the JRC Summer School up to $1,800 USD, receipts will be required
The awardee must:
- Apply and be accepted into the JRC Summer School on Non-animal Approaches in Science (full details to apply to the summer school are available here),
- Be conducting or display a strong interest in human-relevant science; research using or suggesting future use of animals is not eligible.
How to Apply
Email the following information to Janine McCarthy at JMccarthy@pcrm.org by January 31, 2021.
- A resume or CV
- A brief personal statement describing your interests and/or experience using non-animal methods and technology and your career goals and how you envision the summer school will help you achieve them (max 500 words)
- The abstract submitted to attend the JRC Summer School on Non-animal Approaches in Science
- The deadline to apply for the JRC Summer School is January 6, 2021
- The deadline to apply for the ERA21 Travel Grant is January 31, 2021
- Travel grant applicants will be notified by the end of February
For more information about the JRC Summer School on Non-animal Approaches in Science visit https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/event/conference/jrc-summer-school-non-animal-approaches-science-3.