Seeking a professional with 2-3 years of work experience in marketing, health communications, or writing for a part-time position to promote plant-based diets through strategic programs, coordinate marketing, and promote and grow our Food for Life program.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About the Nutrition Team
Over the past three decades, the Physicians Committee’s nutrition department has achieved many important successes. We’ve contributed to the elimination of the “meat group” in federal nutrition guidelines, carried out clinical research studies that have revolutionized the treatment of diabetes, and provided the scientific foundation for the health benefits of plant-based diets. We aim to propel continued progress through direct patient care, nutrition education, and advocacy.
About this Career Opportunity
The Nutrition Marketing Coordinator will promote plant-based diets through strategic programs, coordinate marketing and promote and grow our Food for Life program in partnership with the team. Essential functions include:
- Strategic branding, positioning of products/services, and development of marketing materials for the Food for Life program and cooking classes, trainings, and special projects
- Marketing administration
- Website coordination
This is a part-time position that may be performed at our office or remotely from any location in the United States. The Physicians Committee is headquartered in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line).
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a professional with 2-3 years of work experience in marketing, health communications, or writing and an understanding of the health benefits of plant-based diets. Applicants should also have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to work in a team environment to support a large international network of program affiliates
- An achievement and results orientation including enjoying taking on new challenges
- Skills in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines with adaptability throughout
- Experience with conducting research related to markets and audiences
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, including with Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and ability to travel, when needed
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish communications is a plus
How to Apply
We require a formal cover letter and resume to apply. In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related experience and accomplishments, and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.