Seeking medical practice manager with at least three years of experience for supervisory position with growing primary care practice focused on integrating nutrition education and disease prevention into medical care.
Please note that our team will not be moving forward with the interview process for our open positions until the COVID-19 crisis is over, but we will still be accepting and reviewing applications.
About the Barnard Medical Center
Founded by Neal Barnard, MD, president of the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, the Barnard Medical Center is a new model for medical care that integrates nutrition education and disease prevention into providing top-of-the-line medical care. The Barnard Medical Center takes advantage of years of research conducted by the Physicians Committee research team and other researchers, showing how a new approach to medicine and nutrition could help prevent and reverse serious health problems.
About this Career Opportunity
The Practice Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational effectiveness of the practice in a manner that maximizes the patient experience, staff collaboration and effectiveness, and net revenues. Specifically, the Practice Manager collaborates with the administrative and clinical teams to create and maintain patient care schedules and flows that prioritizes patient access, assures smooth and efficient patient workflows, and optimizes provider utilization. In addition, the Practice Manager is responsible for meeting all governmental regulations and industry requirements and maintaining a team-based and patient-centered medical practice.
- Oversee daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling, billing procedures, revenue cycle, security, and occupational health and safety
- Support clinicians by maintaining calendars and preparing work schedules
- Design, implement, document, and update practice procedures, and partner with leadership to explain and champion organizational policies and procedures
- Facilitate team meetings and team building activities
Physical Space, Equipment, and Supplies:
- Partner with Office Services to ensure clinic is safe, functional, comfortable, and welcoming for patients and staff
- Ensure medical equipment and supplies are in stock and facilitate maintenance of all medical equipment
- Establish and oversee relationships with medical equipment and supply vendors
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and industry requirements, including but not limited to PQRS (Physicians Quality Reporting System), D.C. Department of Health (including Certificate of Need) reporting, HIPAA, OSHA, CMS, and Third-Party Payers
- Assure appropriate development and submission of required PCMH metrics to meet and maintain NCQA Level III accreditation
- Enforce patient confidentiality at all times, including actively reporting all issues to the other Privacy Officer and the Security Officer
- Act as one of two Privacy Officers for the Barnard Medical Center and the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, and work with the other Privacy Officer and the Security Officer to evaluate and develop policies on a regular basis throughout the year, conduct the annual HIPAA Security Risk Analysis, conduct HIPAA training, attend annual HIPAA officer training, and prepare reports for compliance review
- Partner with the Barnard Medical Center’s OSHA vendor, OSHA Safety Officer, Human Resources, and Legal on OSHA compliance.
Patient Care, Satisfaction, and Education:
- Evaluate appointment procedures and patient services
- Establish patient flow procedures and monitor for overall efficiency
- Enforce patient confidentiality at all times
- Review and address patient survey comments
- Resolve escalated patient satisfaction issues
- Coordinate all IT/Electronic Health Records actions
- Work with the EHE program to ensure program and patient satisfaction
- Partner with Communications, Publications, and Fulfillment on the production of patient brochures, newsletters, and other correspondence
- In coordination with Nutrition, help design and execute classes and support events
- Help design recruitment strategies for new patients
- Supervise approximately five front office team members and three medical assistants
- Plan, organize, and think strategically to ensure alignment between Physicians Committee and Barnard Medical Center goals and objectives
- Work with leadership to ensure practice growth (e.g., help develop and implement expanded telehealth practice)
- Help implement Patient Center Medical Home and Accountable Care organization programs within the practice
- Manage and prepare yearly budget
- Assist Medical Director with hiring clinical staff as needed
- Partner with Medical Director and Human Resources to schedule rotations with clinicians-in-training
- Run various monthly reports
- Remain current in health care trends
- Support outreach efforts on behalf of the Physicians Committee and the Barnard Medical Center by helping plan and/or execute on-site and local events
- Other duties as needed or assigned
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a team-oriented professional with at least three years of experience managing a medical practice, ideally internal or family medicine.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated success with:
- Overseeing the operational effectiveness of a medical practice in a manner that maximizes the patient experience, staff collaboration and effectiveness, and net revenues
- Providing excellent customer service to patients in person and via phone
- Experience with Athena Health electronic health records is preferred
If you are passionate about nutrition education and disease prevention and would be excited to be a part of a practice that is helping patients make lifestyle changes to maximize their health, we'd like to hear from you today. This is a full-time position at our center located in the Friendship Heights neighborhood of Washington, D.C. (Metro’s Red Line).
In your cover letter please describe your work experience, strengths and professional goals as well as your interest in the Barnard Medical Center’s mission to integrate nutrition education into medical care. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Click here to apply online.