Washington, D.C. primary care medical clinic focused on integrating nutrition education and disease prevention into medical care seeks an experienced medical practice manager with a passion for plant-based (vegan) nutrition and a college degree for supervisory role.
About the Barnard Medical Center
Founded by Neal Barnard, MD, president of the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, the Barnard Medical Center is a new model for medical care that integrates nutrition education and disease prevention into providing top-of-the-line medical care. The Barnard Medical Center takes advantage of years of research conducted by the Physicians Committee research team and other researchers, showing how a new approach to medicine and nutrition could help prevent and reverse serious health problems.
About this Career Opportunity
The Practice Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational effectiveness of the practice in a manner that maximizes the patient experience, staff collaboration and effectiveness, and net revenues. Specifically, the Practice Manager collaborates with the administrative and clinical teams to create and maintain patient care schedules and flows that prioritizes patient access, assures smooth and efficient patient workflows, and optimizes provider utilization. In addition, the Practice Manager is responsible for meeting all governmental regulations and industry requirements and maintaining a team-based and patient-centered medical practice.
- Oversee daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling, billing procedures, revenue cycle, security, and occupational health and safety
- Ensure clinic is safe, functional, comfortable, and welcoming for patients and staff and that medical equipment and supplies are in stock and facilitate maintenance of all medical equipment
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and industry requirements, including but not limited to PQRS (Physicians Quality Reporting System), D.C. Department of Health (including Certificate of Need) reporting, HIPAA, OSHA, CMS, and Third-Party Payers
- Oversee patient care, satisfaction, & education
- Supervise approximately three front office and four back office team members
- Collaborate on reporting, budgeting, and strategic planning
This is a full-time position at our center located in the Friendship Heights neighborhood of Washington, D.C. (Metro’s Red Line).
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an experienced medical practice manager (at least three years ideally at an internal or family medicine practice) with a passion for plant-based (vegan) nutrition and a college degree.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated success with:
- Overseeing the operational effectiveness of a medical practice in a manner that maximizes the patient experience, staff collaboration and effectiveness, and net revenues
- Providing excellent customer service to patients in person and via phone
- Experience with Athena Health electronic health records and medical practice billing is preferred
- Working hard and going the extra mile
- Approaching others with respect and courtesy
- Holding their work to the highest standards down to the last detail
- Working as a part of a team
- Approaching their work with optimism
If you have these qualifications along with a strong desire to help patients make lifestyle changes to maximize their health, we would like to hear from you.
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required to apply. In your cover letter please describe your experience managing a medical practice, your strengths/accomplishments, your professional goals, and your interest in the Barnard Medical Center’s mission. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Click here to apply online.