Washington, D.C., nonprofit seeks professional with fulfillment, sales, and/or customer service experience to fulfill orders for our lifesaving nutrition education materials.
Please note that our team will not be moving forward with the interview process for our open positions until the COVID-19 crisis is over, but we will still be accepting and reviewing applications.
About Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals.
About our e-Commerce and Fulfillment Operation
One of the ways we advance our mission and educate health care professionals and the public about plant-based nutrition and ethical research is through the production and distribution of literature, books, DVDs, and other media. The person in this position will partner with an experienced e-Commerce and Fulfillment Specialist to oversee our online Shop. This will include:
- Maintaining an inventory of hundreds of products that total more than 300,000 individual items
- Managing the online storefront as well as overseeing in-person sales in our primary care medical center
- Fulfilling orders and processing outgoing mail
- Customer service and relationship building, especially with our target audience of physicians and other health care providers
- Tracking and reporting sales
- Co-coordinating event logistics with program staff and conducting in-person sales at events
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to reach more physicians, health care providers, and the public with our lifesaving information
- The person in this role will be positioned at the front desk of the fulfillment center and will be the first point of contact for staff and will also greet and sign-in visitors
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line).
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate for this position will be:
- Experienced with fulfillment, sales and/or customer service (two or more years of work experience is preferred, however, we will consider candidates with less experience)
- Entrepreneurial and willing to work hard, work fast, and work smart
- Highly detail-oriented
- Skilled at prioritizing and time management
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and able to utilize and create spreadsheets
- Tech-savvy and able to navigate web-based tools to facilitate sales, collect information through surveys and run reports
- Interested in collaborating on marketing strategies
- Able to lift and move boxes of literature and books on a daily basis
How to Apply
For more information about our work, visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog. We require a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please tell us about your work experience, professional goals, and your interest in our mission. Click here to apply online. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We look forward to hearing from you!