Seeking a team member with experience in customer service, sales, shipping logistics, and/or fulfillment to support the e-commerce and fulfillment operation of a D.C. nonprofit promoting health.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About the E-Commerce and Fulfillment Team
The Physicians Committee’s e-commerce and fulfillment operation provides educational literature and merchandise to its supporters, the health care community, and the public on issues relating to nutrition and disease prevention through the distribution of literature, books, DVDs, and other media.
About this Career Opportunity
The e-commerce and fulfillment team member will support the overall literature and merchandise fulfillment operation including inventory management, customer service, shipping logistics, and event support. The person in this position will partner with an experienced e-commerce and fulfillment specialist to oversee our online shop. Essential functions include:
Literature and Merchandise Fulfillment:
- Put a fulfillment system in place that allows orders to be processed within 48 hours in the most economical manner feasible.
- Maintain postage meter and scale including ensuring funds are always available for transactions.
- Liaise with mail carriers, stay familiar with shipping processes, and facilitate outgoing mail for the fulfillment operation as well as the Physicians Committee and the Barnard Medical Center.
- Provide excellent customer service to Physicians Committee supporters, the public, and staff.
- Inventory Management:
- Keep the fulfillment center adequately stocked, inventoried, and organized.
- Ensure audited merchandise is secure and accounted for.
- Partner with outreach event owners to determine their literature, merchandise, and equipment needs.
- Make strategic recommendations about what literature and display items (tablecloths, banners, etc.) will be best to send to outreach events and ensure that materials sent to each event convey a unified and focused theme.
- Prepare and ship outreach event equipment and supplies including literature, merchandise, backdrops, tablecloths, displays, etc.
- Oversee merchandise sales at outreach events including training staff and/or volunteers on procedures.
- Update and maintain calendars, contact lists, documents, templates, checklists, spreadsheets, databases, files, etc., as needed.
- Process invoices for fulfillment-related expenditures.
- The person in this role will be positioned at the front desk of the fulfillment center and will be the first point of contact for staff and will also greet and sign-in visitors.
This is a full-time position based at Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line).
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a team member with experience with customer service, sales, shipping logistics, and/or fulfillment. The ideal candidate for this position will be:
- Highly detail-oriented
- Skilled at prioritizing and time management
- Entrepreneurial and willing to work hard, work fast, and work smart
- Able to lift and move boxes of literature and books up to 42 pounds as needed on a daily to weekly basis
If you have these qualifications and are interested in the Physicians Committee's mission, we'd like to hear from you.
How to Apply
We require a formal cover letter and resume to apply. In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related experience and accomplishments, and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.