Seeking experienced fundraising professional to oversee our planned giving program and be a vital part of growing support from individuals.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About Our Development Team
The development team is dedicated to finding innovative ways to grow fundraising support. The team is knowledgeable and well-versed in the organization’s efforts and prides itself on being creative, accessible, and donor-centric.
About this Career Opportunity
The Director of Planned Giving will plan, manage, and evaluate the Physicians Committee’s Lifetime Partner program to achieve its performance and financial goals. This includes overall identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of legacy donors and prospects. He/she will develop and implement a multiyear strategic marketing plan to maximize revenue to the Physicians Committee by securing a range of planned gifts. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Development.
- Design and implement giving strategies; engage and motivate donors and prospects through individualized cultivation and stewardship.
- Create and implement multichannel marketing strategies including direct mail, marketing collateral, Good Medicine magazine, our annual report, online communications, and events.
- Complete proposals and finalize gift arrangements for bequests, charitable gift annuities, and other planned gifts.
- Direct and oversee stewardship and recognition programs to ensure Lifetime Partners continue to be engaged with the Physicians Committee.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with other members of the development team and program staff. Develop strategies to integrate planned giving into the cultivation of major gifts.
- Work closely with legal and finance departments to oversee the administration of estates to ensure prompt settlement and payment of bequests to the Physicians Committee.
- Enhance, monitor, and maintain the Physicians Committee’s planned giving website to successfully engage donors and encourage legacy gifts.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects with a goal of soliciting and closing deferred gifts and bequest intentions.
- Develop and maintain expertise in legislation and regulations effecting planned giving.
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (in Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red line). The Director may be required to travel to interact and engage with prospects/members and to participate in fundraising events.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a fundraising professional who is passionate about connecting individuals with the Physicians Committee’s mission to create a better world for animals and people. Knowledge of donor relations, marketing, and stewardship is required. The ideal candidate will be a person whose enthusiasm and innovation sparks creativity and who is a proactive, entrepreneurial project manager that can focus on big-picture concepts and projects while maintaining strict attention to detail. The candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, to relate well to people of all ages, and to build successful relationships with constituents and co-workers. The position provides an opportunity to implement new ideas and grow the planned giving program, which is a vital component of the development plan.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related work experience and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.