Seeking fundraising professional with at least three years of experience to expand and enhance the organization’s long-range gift planning and comprehensive fundraising campaign initiative.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About Our Development Team
Our development program generates fundraising revenue through a variety of channels, including individual gifts, grants, direct response, planned giving, and special events. The development team is dedicated to finding innovative ways to keep existing supporters informed of campaign progress and to seek new support. The team is knowledgeable and well-versed in the organization’s efforts and prides itself on being creative, accessible, and donor-centric.
About this Career Opportunity
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Vice President of Development and other development staff members to expand and enhance our long-range gift planning and comprehensive fundraising campaign initiative.
- Coordinating campaign reporting. Collecting updates and data, writing summaries and updates to donors, and keeping records of fundraising progress.
- Managing the Lifetime Partner program and enhancing stewardship; acting as primary liaison with the cross-departmental bequest team to ensure the smooth, timely, and accurate administration of bequests; and overseeing the gift planning commitments process (Letters of Intent and Gift Agreements).
- Coordinating the Charitable Gift Annuity program, managing proposals, and acting as liaison with our finance department.
- Gift tracking and creating acknowledgement strategies for specific fundraising campaigns.
- Supporting the senior fundraising team with prospect research, reporting, and contributing to strategic initiatives.
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (in Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red line). Occasional travel may be required.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic fundraising professional with at least three years of development experience. Knowledge of donor relations and stewardship is required. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, entrepreneurial project manager who can focus on big-picture concepts and projects while maintaining strict attention to detail. The candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, to relate well to people of all ages, and to build successful relationships with constituents and co-workers. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is helpful, but not required. The position provides an opportunity to implement creative ideas, grow fundraising skills, and work with a team dedicated to maintaining the highest ethical standards while helping to create a better future for animals and people.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related work experience and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.