Seeking a professional with project coordination and administrative skills to support a nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C., that is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About this Career Opportunity
This cross-functional position with broad exposure to all aspects of the Physicians Committee’s mission is a terrific opportunity to advance the organization’s mission through direct contact with the public and our membership and will provide excellent learning and growth opportunities. Essential functions and specific duties include:
Executive Support and Public Relations:
- Handle high level of correspondence via email, mail, and voicemail; respond to correspondence, inquiries, and requests related to a variety of health and research issues
- Coordinate speaking engagements, including facilitating publicity when needed
- Make travel arrangements
- Assist with research and writing
- Compile and present information using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Coordinate meeting agendas
- Proactively assist with programs, projects, and events across departments
- Process departmental invoices, credit card statements, and expense reports
- Update and maintain spreadsheets and databases
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C., that requires responding to inquiries outside of regular working hours. This team member will be expected to be available to work at our headquarters in the Friendship Heights neighborhood on Metro’s Red Line. However, the pandemic has led to a temporary work-from-home policy for employees. Whether this policy will become permanent is yet to be determined.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a professional with work experience in project coordination and administrative support, strong writing skills, and the ability to multitask and handle a high volume of work. If you have these qualifications and are passionate about the Physicians Committee's mission, we'd like to hear from you.
How to Apply
We require a formal cover letter and resume to apply. In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related experience and accomplishments, and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.