Seeking a detail-oriented professional with a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of related experience to join the finance team of a Washington, D.C., nonprofit organization dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About this Career Opportunity
The Accounting Associate will assist with day-to-day financial operations, monthly and quarterly reporting, and annual audit preparation. Essential functions and specific duties include:
- Cash receipts management, including bank deposits
- Operating budget administration for multiple departments
- Direct mail expense analysis, cost reporting, and allocations
- Accounts payable support
- Sales tax return filings in multiple states
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Merchandise inventory tracking and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time hybrid position requiring work to be performed at our headquarters in Washington, D.C., (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line) 1-2 days per week. Work on the remaining days can be performed remotely from a location proximate to the office, if desired.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an individual with a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in accounting or finance. Additional qualifications and skills include:
- Working experience with accounting software and with Excel
- A can-do attitude
- The ability to take initiative
- A sharp eye and an auditor’s mindset
- Being well-organized and detail-oriented
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- SAP Concur experience is a plus
- An interest in our mission to save and improve human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research is a plus
How to Apply
We require a formal cover letter and resume to apply. In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related experience and accomplishments, and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.