Classes & Events
Do you want to improve your eating habits?
Free 12-Week Nutrition Coaching Program
Improve your health in a supportive online group setting and learn techniques to combat chronic disease with nutrition and other lifestyle behaviors. The purpose of this program is to help participants learn new skills and create healthy eating habits to last a lifetime.
- Dates: Participants can join at any time, with classes taking place every Wednesday from September 6th – November 29th (there will not be class on November 22nd)
- Time: 5:15 – 6:30 p.m. ET (2:15 – 3:30 p.m. PT)
- Location: virtual via Zoom (this is a HIPAA compliant platform)
- Cost: FREE
- Facilitator: Karen Smith, registered dietitian (RD) and certified diabetes care and education specialist (CDCES)
What to Expect – Each Session Will Include
- Information on a specific nutrition or other lifestyle topic chosen by the group (ex: Healthy Carbohydrates and Fiber, Protein 101, Cycle of Poor Sleep, Stress, and Cravings)
- Strategies for achieving health goals
- Group discussion and sharing
- Partner sharing to review progress toward stated goals
- Goal setting
If you are an existing Barnard Medical Center patient and would like to participate, please call the Barnard Medical Center at 202-527-7500 or send a portal message stating your interest in joining the coaching program.
Are you interested in encouraging healthy eating habits in your office? We also provide workplace wellness talks and lectures. Please call 202-527-7500 to find out more information.