Nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C., dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives is seeking a student or recent graduate with an educational or employment background in social media, video production, journalism, communications, or public relations for a part-time, temporary, remote internship starting in January 2024. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable communications, social media, and media relations skills.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About this Internship Opportunity
This internship honors the late Ms. Simon Chaitowitz, a writer, public relations professional, and longtime leader of the Physicians Committee’s communications team.
The Simon Chaitowitz Communications Intern will help the communications team promote news campaigns, scientific studies, books, conferences, and videos in digital and social media. The internship is a great opportunity to gain valuable communications, editing, social media, and media relations skills while working for an organization dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives. The intern will be mentored by the Physicians Committee’s Social Media and Communications Coordinator.
Learning opportunities may include:
- Collaborating with the social media and video team to create and execute new campaigns
- Filming and editing videos to share on our channels
- Editing the Exam Room Podcast videos for YouTube and YouTube Shorts
- Using StreamYard to run online streaming events
- Working with our graphic designers to create animations and graphics
This internship will be remote. For an intern that is based in the Washington Metropolitan area there will be opportunities to support program and fundraising events in Washington, D.C. The intern will receive an orientation at the start of their internship and ongoing support from their staff mentor. The Physicians Committee will assist the intern in obtaining course credit if applicable.
Who We Are Looking For:
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a current student or recent graduate
- Have an educational background or previous experience in video production, journalism, social media, communications, or public relations
- Have familiarity with Adobe suite and social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter
- Be a team player
- Have strong writing, organizational, and time management skills
- Have enthusiasm for the Physicians Committee’s mission to save and improve animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research
This is a part-time, semester-long, remote internship. The ideal candidate will be able to work at least 20 hours a week and commit at least three months to the internship. Start and end dates are flexible. The ideal start date will be around January 15, 2024. The internship compensation is $17 per hour. The Physicians Committee is located in the Metro-accessible Friendship Heights neighborhood in Washington, D.C.
The Physicians Committee can only accept applications from people who will be living in and working from the following jurisdictions for the duration of the internship: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
How to apply: Click here to complete our online internship application. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis for the spring semester.
For more information, contact the Physicians Committee’s Human Resources team at careers [at] PCRM.org.