Meet Our Doctors and Staff
- President: Neal Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C.
- Medical Director: James F. Loomis Jr., M.D.
- Physician: Angela Eakin M.D., M.S.
- Physician: Stephan Neabore, M.D.
- Nurse Practitioner: Emily Kasmar, M.S., A.G.P.C.N.P.- B.C.
- Dietitian: Susan Levin, M.S., R.D.
- Dietitian: Karen Smith, R.D.
- Dietitian: Maggie Neola, R.D., L.D.
- Medical Assistant: Manuel Calcagno, R.M.A.
President - Neal Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Neal D. Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C. is a physician, researcher, and author. He is an adjunct associate professor of medicine at the George Washington University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C., president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, and a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Barnard has led numerous research studies investigating the effects of diet on diabetes, body weight, and inflammatory conditions, including a groundbreaking study of dietary interventions in type 2 diabetes, funded by the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Barnard has authored more than 70 scientific publications and 15 books.
As president of the Physicians Committee, Dr. Barnard leads programs advocating for preventive medicine, good nutrition, and higher ethical standards in research. He has hosted three PBS television programs on nutrition and health and is frequently called on by news programs to discuss issues related to nutrition and research.
Dr. Barnard is a graduate of the George Washington University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in psychiatry at GWU and was a member of the psychiatry faculty there for several years before transitioning to the department of internal medicine’s adjunct faculty.