Meet Our Doctors and Staff
- President: Neal Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C.
- Medical Director: James F. Loomis Jr., M.D.
- Physician: Stephen Neabore, M.D.
- Nurse Practitioner: Emily Kasmar, M.S., A.G.P.C.N.P.- B.C.
- Dietitian: Susan Levin, M.S., R.D.
- Dietitian: Karen Smith, R.D.
- Dietitian: Maggie Neola, R.D., L.D.
- Medical Assistant: Manuel Calcagno, R.M.A.
Classes and Events
For BMC Patients: Weekly Nutrition Classes
Mondays at 6:00 p.m.
Do you want to learn more about plant-based nutrition?
As a Barnard Medical Center patient, you are offered the opportunity to join a highly supportive and interactive group class. The classes are led by registered dietitians and cover a variety of nutrition topics over a 12-week period. It is preferred that you register for the class series prior to class 1, but open enrollment is provided.
To register, please call the Barnard Medical Center at (202) 527-7500 or speak with someone at the front desk.
Food for Life: Cancer Project
What can you expect from the Food for Life Nutrition and Cooking Class Series for Cancer Prevention and Survival?
The class series covers a variety of cancer-related nutrition topics and demonstrates how to prepare several meals loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals, high-fiber and low-fat foods, and healthy dairy alternatives. The series also provides information on planning meals and maintaining a healthy weight.
This is a FREE class series, each participant must register to attend, and we encourage you to attend as many classes as possible. Classes are held at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine office, 5100 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20016
- Tuesday, April 3, 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.: Introductory Lecture by Physician Jim Loomis, MD
- Tuesday, April 10, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: How Foods Fight Cancer
- Tuesday, April 17, 6 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Vegant This: A plant Based Nutrition Support Group meeting (at Woodrow Wilson High School)
- Tuesday, April 24, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: Fueling up on Low-Fat, High Fiber Foods
- Tuesday, May 1, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: Discovering Meat and Dairy Alternatives
- Tuesday, May 8, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: Cancer-Fighting Compounds and Healthy Weight
5100 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20016
Location and Hours
5100 Wisconsin Ave. N.W., Suite #401
Washington, D.C. 20016
Open 7am – 7pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
8am - 6pm on Wednesdays and Fridays