It’s free and easy to use Universal Meals at your business or institution and even at home. Here is how to get started!
The program includes
- Recipes developed by the Culinary Institute of America, Spork Foods, Inc, DC Vegan Catering, and Chef Dustin Harder of The Vegan Roadie to appeal to virtually everyone, regardless of their dietary requirements
- Thrifty Recipes are indicated with a yellow sticker. Thrifty recipes are cost effective with ingredients priced at one dollar or less per serving.
- Tips on how to adapt your kitchen’s current offerings to align with Universal Meals guidelines
- Gorgeous recipe photos that are compatible for digital and print use.
- Free marketing materials to advertise Universal Meals to your clientele.
- Get free culinary training, menu consultation and education for your team! Download the tool kit and email universalmeals [at] pcrm.org to schedule an institution assessment call.
Guidelines and License Agreement
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine grants you a nonexclusive license to use the Universal Meals name, logo, recipes, photographs, and marketing material, as well as the right to modify the recipes, under the following terms and conditions:
- All recipes and food created from those recipes must exclude animal products, animal-derived ingredients, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sesame, alcohol, and gluten-containing grains, such as wheat, barley, rye, triticale, and contaminated grains.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is not liable for adverse reactions or harm resulting from handling or consuming food that is prepared, or that comes in contact with food that is prepared, using Universal Meals recipes, whether or not modified.
- Universal Meals is not a certification program. You acknowledge and agree that the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine does not certify that food prepared using Universal Meals recipes, whether or not modified, will be devoid of all allergens and animal products or meet kosher, halal, or other religious standards, and you agree not to make any public representations to that effect.