Do you have rheumatoid arthritis? Are you interested in reducing pain from RA?
Interested? Please call 855-STUDY-18 today!
A no-cost, 36-week research program provides information and tools designed to change eating habits, reduce rheumatoid arthritis pain, and improve health.
We are testing whether changes to your diet can improve or reduce pain from rheumatoid arthritis.
Qualified participants will receive at no cost, study-related:
- 16 nutrition education classes, with health tips, recipes, and cooking demonstrations
- One-on-one consultation with a registered dietitian
- Clinical health assessments from our study staff and health care professionals
Join a Nutrition Study for Weight Loss and Metabolism
TEF Study Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to be concerned about sugar?
The short answer is no. Although we encourage you to obtain the majority of your calories from whole foods, sugar intake is not limited in this study.
- How can I make sure I will feel full on a plant-based diet?
Make sure you are eating a variety of foods including potatoes, legumes, and grains and including the 4 Power Plate groups at your meals!
- What if I didn’t lose weight this week?
While we expect to see weight loss of ½ - 1 lb per week, it’s normal for weight to fluctuate due to a number of variables. If your weight remains unchanged or increases for more than 2 weeks, we recommend tracking your fat intake. Oftentimes, we are consuming more than we know and tracking your consumption can help pinpoint what foods might need to be scaled back.
- … even just a little oil?
Since oils have little nutritional value and the calories are purely from fat, we do not recommend using any oil. *Tips can be found in this handout.
- Where can I find the nutrition facts for a recipe handed out in class?
We will try our best to provide this information on each recipe (especially the ones sampled in class). However, if this information is ever missing, please feel free to ask in class or email one of the team members who will be happy to get this information for you.
- Where are my uBiome results?
While we hope to get these results back to you as soon as possible, it tends to be a slow process on the labs’ end. We will get those results to you as soon as they are returned to us!